RESOLVE and School Peer Mediation: The Program “MEDIATION EVERYWHERE”
RESOLVE is always aiming at the promotion, information and familiarization of citizens and society with Mediation. To achieve this, RESOLVE actively supports School Peer Mediation implementation, through its program “MEDIATION EVERYWHERE”.
• RESOLVE promotes and implements School Peer Mediation in public or private establishments of all levels of the educational system and in cooperation with them participates in the promotion of dialogue and creative dispute resolution amongst Greek pupils, teachers and parents.
• RESOLVE makes public presentations on School Mediation with great success to pupils, students, teachers, professors and parents.
• Delivers School Peer Mediation trainings to teachers and professors of all levels of the Educational system nationwide.
What is School Mediation?
• It is a process which applies to school establishments
• in which specially trained pupils and students who act as Peer Mediators
• assist their peers involved in disputes or quarrels
• to communicate with each other in an efficient way,
• to listen carefully and understand each other,
• to discuss their problems together
• and resolve themselves in a creative and peaceful manner their differences
RESOLVE’s School Mediation Program “MEDIATION EVERYWHERE”
The Resolve Team having been trained in School Peer Mediation and contributed to the implementation of Peer Mediation in schools as a means of dispute arising in schools resolution; RESOLVE has created a complete Program on School Peer Mediation, which is applied in both public and private schools throughout Greece or abroad.
In which way RESOLVE’s complete School Mediation Program “MEDIATION EVERYWHERE” differs from already existing school mediation practices of some schools?
Until recently the effort to apply peer mediation in schools was made in Greece by teachers or professors in an empirical manner.
Providing to these pioneer efforts additional valuable scientific knowledge related to Mediation process and principles and to their implementation in peer mediation programs RESOLVE’s Program “MEDIATION EVERYWHERE” goes a step further: It is based on the idea that the integration of School Peer Mediation is an integral part of a complete educational strategy, in which the whole school community (teachers, professors, pupils, students, parents and other professionals) is involved.