Vassiliki Koumpli is a Mediator, accredited by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London, UK, since 2010) and the Hellenic Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights (since 2013).
She is extensively trained in Mediation, Negotiation and ADR in general by various institutions, such as Harvard Kennedy School, JAMS International ADR Center, facilit8, Athens Center of Mediators’ Training and Education PROMETHEUS, Hellenic Mediation and Arbitration Centre etc.
She provides services as Mediator at the Mediation Center of the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the German-Hellenic Chamber of Industry and Commerce, and as Coordinator at the Out-of-court Settlement Mechanism for Debts of Businesses of the Special Secretariat of Private Debt Management of the Ministry of Finance and Development (Law 4469/2017).
She is member of the Executive Committee of the Hellenic Union of Mediators, the Organisation for the Promotion of Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods (OPEMED), the Institute of Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods of the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Hellenic Association of Arbitration, the Young International Arbitration Group – London Court of International Arbitration etc.
Vassiliki participates in various actions for the promotion of Mediation and ADR and as judge in Mediation Tournaments, whereas she also lectures in Greece and abroad and is author of the following studies on Mediation:
- The Regulation of Mediation in Cross-Border Disputes: The Model of Greece, in M. Roth & M. Geistlinger (eds), Yearbook of International Arbitration and ADR – Volume V (Dike/NWV, Zurich/Vienna 2017) [269-284] <http://www.nwv.at/recht/zivilrecht/1264_yearbook_on_international_arbitration_and_adr_volume_v/>
- Μediation as a way of resolving private law disputes in Greek law, Nomiko Vima 2015 [136-165, in Greek] (co-author with G. Diamantopoulos) <http://www.hiifl.gr/wp-content/uploads/diamantopoulos-koubli.pdf>
- Mediation: The Greek Journey Through Time, σε C. Esplugues & L. Marquis (eds), New Developments in Civil and Commercial Mediation (Ius Comparatum – Global Studies in Comparative Law 6, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland 2015) [313-343] (co-author with G. Diamantopoulos) <https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319181349>
- Some Considerations on the Position of Vulnerable Parties in Mediation, in Collection of Papers – Faculty of Law, Niš (No 70-Year LIV-2015) [961-978] <http://www.prafak.ni.ac.rs/files/zbornik/sadrzaj/ZFull/PF_Zbornik_2015_70.pdf>
- On Mediation Law in Greece, Revue hellénique de droit international 1/2014 [361-394] (co-author with G. Diamantopoulos) <http://www.hiifl.gr/wp-content/uploads/10_Diamantopoulos-Koumpli.pdf>
In addition to her professional practice in Mediation and ADR, Vassiliki has studied law at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the University of London (Queen Mary & Westfield College) and she is a Supreme Court Attorney, Member of the Athens Bar Association (since 2001), Permanent Legal Expert at the Hellenic Institute of International and Foreign Law (since 2003) and Editor in Chief of the Revue hellénique de droit international (since 2010). She regularly publishes and participates as speaker in conferences on specialised legal topics, often serving as Greece’s national reporter in international legal fora, such as the Congresses of the International Academy of Comparative Law, Balkan Conferences etc.
She speaks and works in Greek, English, French, German and Spanish, and knows Japanese.