Advocacy Training Programme
A few words about the Programme
The Advocacy Training Programme is the result of the profound experience of its creators, Spyros Antonelos, Eleni Plessa and Irene Matsouka, both in international and national mediation cases.
The Educational Programme is specially designed to meet the needs of Greek reality, based on the provisions of the new Law 4640/2019 and it is suitable for Lawyers and Trainee Lawyers who are willing to integrate Mediation into their daily legal practice and be benefited from its advantages.
Mediation is a procedure that offers, inter alia, flexibility, confidentiality and enforceability, while it is usually a cheaper and quicker method for the resolution of disputes. The total duration of the Programme is 20 hours, including 18 hours of teaching and 2 hours of personal evaluation, while it is usually divided in three parts; three 6-hour sessions.
Since 2015 hundreds of Lawyers and Trainee Lawyers from the Athens Bar Association and other Bar Associations of the country, have participated and have been benefited from the Programme, which has received excellent comments. As of September 2019, the Programme is offered in collaboration with “Sakkoula AE”, a leading Legal Publishing Company in Greece. The schedule is announced every time at least one month before the start of the Programme.
These are some of the topics that are covered:
- What is Mediation (Law 4640/2019) and how is it conducted? (step by step, theory and simulations of Mediation processes for a better understanding of the procedure)
- How can Mediation be integrated in the daily legal practice of Lawyers and serve as a useful tool?
- Why is it beneficial both for the Lawyers and their Clients to make the first step towards the resolution of a legal dispute?
- How does the role of a Lawyer before the Court differ from their role in Mediation?
- How should Lawyers prepare and advice their client, natural or legal person, on Mediation?
- How should Lawyers support their clients efficiently before, during and after Mediation?